Get to know Trish: the Founder of unwstd.
1. When did you get the Aha! moment for unwstd?
There wasn’t a real aha moment for unwstd. it was more of a snowball affect of feeling like I didn’t have social options or great products to drink since going alcohol free! I tried everything I could to find alcohol free drink options at venues around Sydney and to meet people I could connect with but I was constantly met with limited options. It was really the desire for connection and more purposeful healthy hangouts that led to the start of unwstd.
2. In 5 years, where do you see unwstd?
In 5 years I see unwstd. along with all of the other incredible alcohol free brands creating a shift in the options for socializing. I dream in just a few years that when people think about socializing and catching up with friends they don't think about the bar or about alcohol. They think about getting outside, being active, getting involved with the community and connection.
3. Whats an interesting fact about you not many people know?
That I am a total introvert! I push myself to be outgoing but I thrive in my alone time by the beach reading tons of books :)
4. Whats one piece of advice you would give to someone who is thinking about giving up alcohol?
- Always take things one minute, then one hour & one day at a time.
- The best things in life come on the other side of fear and being uncomfortable
- Negative responses from others typically comes from their own fears and anxieties not intentional unkindness
5. Whats something you've done drunk you wouldn't ever do sober?
Once when drunk I told my friends that my dog was my only true friend hahah they will never let me forget that
6. Whats your favorite food?
Any kind of Mexican food :)
7. What do you do in your free time when not working on unwstd?
I spend my free time reading, and getting outside whether it's to go camping, hiking, exercise, play beach volleyball, go for a swim, or run with my dog. I love being in nature.
8. If you could travel anywhere in the world right now, where would you go and why?
I would have to say back to New York to visit my friends & family, it's been a year and a half since i've been able to see them and I miss them!
9. Whats something you miss about America while living in Australia?
Besides family, I do miss the New York City atmosphere. I don't think there is anything like it in the world. But with that being said I wouldn't trade it for the laid back beachside lifestyle here in Sydney :)
10. Whats a healthy habit you've adopted while being alcohol free?
I love this question! Giving up alcohol gave me a clearer view on so many things in life. I would say the healthiest habit I developed was saying no to things that didn't serve me - peoples, parties, holidays, family gatherings. It empowers you to do only the things that feel like a 100% yes.