‘DRY JANUARY’ CHALLENGES TO DO IF YOU’RE ALREADY ALCOHOL FREE
It’s almost that time again! You know, when all your boozy friends get excited about taking on the challenge of a ‘dry January’ to kickstart their health in the new year. I mean, its nice to support their ambitions and all but secretly you probably wonder just how many of them will accomplish the task. 30 days without alcohol?! Sounds like absolute hell to the frequent drinking community.
So what are all the non-drinkers supposed to do for ‘dry January’ when you’re in fact, already dry? Beats me really, but there should be some challenges for the alcohol-free community to get us excited too! Am I right? What about 30 days without cheese or 30 days without having to cook (uber eats please)? That seems reasonable! All I know is I want a challenge because ever since I gave up drinking, my mind is laser focused on all things health and wellness (and I enjoy a friendly competition).
To all you non-drinkers, I’ve made this list of possible things you can do for 30 days as a challenge for yourself. See if you can accomplish one of these things for the month of January or what I like to call the 30 for 30 challenge!
- Wake up 30 minutes earlier for 30 days
- Go for a 30 minute walk each day for 30 days
- Spend 30 minutes a day doing something mindful (meditation, exercise, journaling, etc.)
- Spend 30 minutes a day organizing or cleaning something you’ve been putting off
- Put your phone away 30 minutes before bed at night
- Go to sleep 30 minutes earlier if you can
- Give up something bad for you other than alcohol for 30 days (soda, cheese, coffee)
- Write down something you’re grateful for every day for 30 days
- Spend 30 minutes of uninterrupted time with someone you love
- Listen to a new podcast series for 30 minutes each day
Go on, see if you can accomplish something on this list. If you’re feeling frisky, maybe two or three! Regardless if you choose to try any of these options for your ‘already dry January’ or not, these are still good healthy habits to do on the regular. Imagine a whole ALREADY DRY YEAR!! You got this. We believe in you.