We are rapidly approaching the end of the year and with that comes great joy in knowing there is a new beginning on the horizon! A whole new year to set goals, practice healthy habits, and try to be the best version of ourselves. Are you ready to press the restart button? Because I am!
For some, January may be the holy grail of all months or the dreaded reminder to get your sh*t together. That’s okay though, there’s beauty in both! You don’t need to have it all together, you just need to be willing to have your sh*t together. Pretty simple right? Plus, we will be right by your side encouraging you along the way. WOOHOO!
If you are thinking of taking a break from alcohol or starting your sober journey in the new year, you should definitely keep reading! Also, go ahead and congratulate yourself…you’re already half way to your goal. WE SEE YOU! Dry January can be a challenging concept to get behind for a lot of people out there, but the best things in life are rarely easy. That’s why we have put together a Dry January Calendar for you with lots of different things to do OTHER than drinking. All you need to bring is the right mindset and some commitment and you’ll crush this.
I mean seriously, can you even remember the beginning of 2020? The year that was supposed to be and then just wasn’t…at all. I’ll be the first to admit it, this year was f*ckin rough mentally and physically. Never in my wildest imagination did I expect being isolated in a pandemic wondering where my next toilet paper roll was going to come from. This year came in like a wrecking ball. I think most of us can relate…
Here are some great ideas to start the new year on the right foot!
- Ease into working out (3-4 times a week), take walks, join a gym, get active!
- Start journaling…this has been one of the most therapeutic things I’ve ever done for my mind.
- Spend time with people who make you feel amazing. There’s no room for negative vibes!
- Take up a new hobby. Try cooking, reading, or my personal favorite…trying to solve true crime!
- Spend a little less time on your phone and a bit more time being present! Life is so beautiful.
- Take those risks you’ve been wanting to! Apply for that job, move somewhere, go cage diving with the great whites…whatever it is, JUST DO IT!
When something crazy like this year happens in our lives, we don’t really know what to do or how to act. A lot of people used this time to binge Netflix, learn how to make sourdough, get tiktok famous, or start working out from home. But, unfortunately, a lot of us turned to drinking to cope. And that’s totally fine! We’ve been there, no judgment here. We just want to give you some encouragement to push reset and start the new year in a healthier, happier way.